PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 01/CE/SH/2016
Dated, Shillong the 19th January, 2016.
Subject : Action to be taken regarding the “Make in India Week” being organized from 13th to 18th February, 2016 - reg.
Attention of members of trade and industry and all concerned is hereby invited to Member (Taxpayer Services) Directorate General of Taxpayer Services Office Memorandum dated 22.12.2015 communicated under F.No. DGTS/23/2015/5805-5847 dated 21.12.2015 on the above subject.
It may be mentioned that the “Make in India” initiative was launched globally in September, 2014 to facilitate investments, foster innovation, enhance skills development, project intellectual property and build the best in class manufacturing. In order to provide greater momentum to the “Make in India” initiative, the Government is organizing a landmark event called the “Make in India Week” in Mumbai from February 13th to February 18th, 2016. “Make in India Week” is intended to showcase the people, policies and partnerships that are driving India’s new manufacturing revolution, and will provide opportunities to connect and collaborate with India and global Industry leaders/visionaries, academicians, central and state administrators. The theme of the weeklong event would be Innovation, Design and Sustainability planned around the larger canvas of manufacturing.
In view of the above, this office will be organizing an Open House discussion on the above issues on 29th January, 2016 at 1500 Hrs. whereupon all the members of trade and industry are invited to participate in the meeting and discussions so as to foster an understanding on the “Make in India” and its aims and objectives.
Authority: Directorate General of Taxpayer Services Office Memorandum dated 22.12.2015.
C. No. IV (16)3/Tech/Make in India/SH/2016/15144-214 Dated: 19-JAN-2016
Copy forwarded for information and necessary action to:—
1.The Chief Commissioner, Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong Zone, “CRESCENS’ Building, M.G Road, Shillong 793001 with reference to office letter C.No. IV(16)27/CCO/SH/Tech.1/2015/21-25 dated 07.01.2016.
2.The Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, Dibrugarh.
3.The Commissioner of Customs (Prev), N.E.R., Shillong.
4.The Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, Guwahati.
5.The Commissioner (Appeals), Central Excise & Service Tax, Guwahati.
6.The Commissioner (Audit), Central Excise & Service Tax, Guwahati.
7.The Additional Commissioner (Tech), Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
8.The Deputy Commissioner (P & V), Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
9.The Assistant Commissioner, (Audit), Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
10. The Deputy / Assistant Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax Division, Shillong/Nagaon /Silchar/Agartala with a request to circulate the same to all Superintendents of Central Excise & Service Tax Ranges under their respective jurisdictions.
11. The Assistant Commissioner, Anti-Evasion, Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
12. All Trade Association / Chamber of Commerce under Shillong Central Excise Commissionerate.
13. All R.A.C. Members under Shillong Central Excise Commissionerate.
14. P.A. to Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
15. The System Officer, Computer Cell, Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong, with a request to upload the Public Notice immediately on the Commissionerate’s website.
16. Guard File.
(T. C. Roy)
Assistant Commissioner (Tech)