TRADE NOTICE No.05/CE/SH/2016
Dated, Shillong the 18th March, 2016
Subject : Registration of two or more premises as one registrant in Central Excise -reg
Attention of members of Trade, Industry and all others concerned are hereby invited to the above subject.
Notification No. 36/2001-Central Excise (NT), dated 26.06.2001 has been amended vide Notification No. 19/2016-Central Excise(NT), dated 01.03.2016 to provide that if two or more premises of the same factory are located in a close area, these premises are within the jurisdiction of a Central Excise Range and the process undertaken there are interlinked and the units are not operating under any of the area based exemption notifications, the Commissioner of Central Excise, may, subject to proper accountal of the movement of goods from one premise to other and such other conditions and limitations, as may be prescribed, allow single registration.
2. In light of the above, sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 3 of Circular No. 586/23/2001-CX dated the 12th September, 2001, and instructions in paragraph 3.2 of Chapter 2 (Registration) of Central Excise Manual of Supplementary Instructions, 2005, stands amended accordingly.
3. This shall come into force from the 1st of March, 2016.
Authority: Circular No.1016/4/2016-CX dated the 29th February, 2016 of CBEC, New Delhi.
Copy forwarded for information and necessary action to:—
1. The Chief Commissioner, Central Excise, Customs & Service Tax, Shillong Zone, “CRESCENS’ Building, M.G. Road, Shillong- 793001.
2. The Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, Dibrugarh.
3. The Commissioner of Customs (Prev), N.E.R., Shillong.
4. The Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, Guwahati.
5. The Commissioner (Appeals), Central Excise & Service Tax, Guwahati.
6. The Commissioner (Audit), Central Excise & Service Tax, Guwahati.
7. The Deputy Commissioner (P & V), Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
8. The Assistant Commissioner, (Audit/S.Tax), Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
9. The Deputy/Assistant Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, All Divisions under Shillong Commissionerate with a request to circulate the same to all Superintendent, Central Excise & Service Tax Range under their respective jurisdictions.
10. The Assistant Commissioner(Anti-Evasion), Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
11. All Trade Association/Chamber of Commerce under Shillong Central Excise Commissionerate.
12. All R.A.C. Members under Shillong Central Excise Commissionerate.
13. P.A. to Commissioner, Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong.
14. The Systems Officer, Computer Cell, Central Excise & Service Tax, Shillong, with a request to upload the Trade Notice immediately on the Commissionerate’s website.
15. Guard File.
(K. D. Wallang)